Flamenco Guitar for La Guitarra California 2017

Updated on September 4, 2017 in Luthier's Corner
6 on August 15, 2017

Here is one of my flamenco guitars I’m building for La Guitarra California 2017:

• Liked by
5 on August 15, 2017

Nice Rosette David….

on August 15, 2017

Thanks!. It looks great in my flamenco guitars!

on September 1, 2017

Hey David,

I love making and playing cypress guitars. Do you have any idea how the flamenco market compares to the classical? The only clue I have is from a British builder who says about six classicals to one flamenco is what he sells. He has made 200 instruments, so he’s got some experience.

Cheers,

Brian

on September 3, 2017

Hi Brian, Flamenco guitars are much more difficult to sell. There is a huge market for flamenco guitars under $1800, but anything more than that is very difficult. At that price you would be making half of minimum wage.

on September 3, 2017

Hello David,

Being one of the slowest guitar makers on the planet, I would be losing money! Fortunately there are classical, and other music players, that like cypress guitars.

Is it legal to post links here? I hope so. Here is a link to a video of a good player playing one of my “larger” model classicals:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQLFeRLtqe_MFhsNlpFNThBWm8/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Brian

on September 4, 2017

Brian, one of my instruments is a 1998 Jose Oribe Gran Flamenco, German Spruce, flawless very old Spanish Cypress, 665mm scale, with machine heads. I can assure anyone , you can play any type of music on this instrument. IMO, cedar and cypress makea a better flamenco that spruce. I normally use a spruce and cocoblo 650mm classical. Believe it or not, I play much cleaner on the longer scale guitars.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies